What's So Cool About Being Catholic?


Interesting title, eh? The word 'cool' is probably the last thing you would associate with Catholics. Well, I’m here to argue otherwise. I’d like to use my own life experiences as well as the Saint’s lives to show you why being a devout, practicing Catholic is actually the coolest thing ever. See, I’ve never had a doubt that there was a God. But my eyes weren’t opened fully to practicing the Catholic faith that I was raised into. I was indifferent to this idea, so it didn’t play a role in my everyday life. I was the kind of Catholic who would pray when things got tough and ask God, “Why me?”. Have you ever felt there were times when God was out to get you? If you’re a believer, I’m sure you’ve had one of these moments. But about a year ago, something clicked. I had to face one of my biggest trials of my life and at that point I knew something was missing. It was my faith. Before this reversion, I wasn’t striving to become the-best-version-of-myself. Instead I was searching for happiness in places where it didn’t exist, or where it was temporary.
This is now something that is a huge part of my everyday life in which I am very passionate about. I want to use this blog to knock out all of the common misconceptions about the faith. A lot of people view us as “too strict”, “boring”, “too structured”, “hateful towards this and that”, and so forth. There are so many valid reasons behind the teachings of the church that I want to bring forth that apply to so many people’s lives.
I want to use this blog to show people how drastically lives are transformed from the faith and all the why’s and how’s behind it.
You may be thinking, “Well that’s great that religion worked for you, but that’s not my thing” or “I’m not very religious, but I believe in God. I don’t need all that church stuff.” Just hear me out. I was once in the exact same shoes. I believe this issue is important because so many of us are searching for a purpose, a goal, and happiness in this thing we call life. Each week, I will be making a case for you with just one reason why this is something that can turn your world upside down.

God bless all reading! May Christ be with you.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does the Church Say I Can’t Have Sex Before Marriage?

What Does The Resurrection Really Mean?